Penske Hires Veterans
Penske thanks military personnel and veterans for your service to the United States and for the sacrifice you have made to ensure our safety and freedom. We appreciate the values, work ethic and leadership skills veterans bring as associates to our teams.
Penske is actively recruiting and hiring veterans nationwide. We seek high-performance people with a deep passion for customer service and high ethical standards. Does this sound like you?
Use the form at the top of the page to search for jobs using your MOS or MOC codes, as well as by keywords and geographic locations.
Commitment to Hire
Penske is committed to hiring veterans, active Guard and reserve personnel. Our focused efforts began in 2009 when we signed the Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve.
We promote employment opportunities in military publications, on veterans' job boards, and through exclusive partnerships with military-friendly organizations including ESGR, G.I. Jobs, RecruitMilitary, Military Officers Association of America, VetCentral, VRS Virtual Veteran Career Fairs, Hirepurpose, Corporate America Supports You, Lucas Group and Bradley-Morris, Inc.
Penske teamed up with Veteran Recruiting (VR) and other leading employers to support the VetFriendly Jobs Initiative to hire or train 100,000 veterans by 2020. Penske was one of many companies that joined efforts with VR to support the White House Joining Forces Initiative, which led to the hiring of 170,000 veterans between 2011 and 2016. In the past year, veterans represented nearly 9% of all Penske new hires.
Penske has programs dedicated to help you transition from the military and join our team.
We are proud to offer fellowship opportunities in partnership with the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program, and we are committed to providing placement opportunities nationwide upon completion.
Our driver apprenticeship program, certified by the Department of Labor and in partnership with Troops Into Transportation, helps newly licensed truck drivers begin an exciting driving career at Penske through progressive training and one-on-one mentorship.
Finally, we conduct resume reviews, mock interview workshops and transition seminars in partnership with the USO Pathfinder Program and installation transition services to provide you valuable insight on the job search, application and interviewing process.
Penske Supports our Troops
Many of our veterans actively volunteer their time to mentor servicemen and women transitioning out of the military and into the civilian workforce, providing guidance on careers and overall recommendations for a successful transition.
Penske is proud to partner with and support military-friendly organizations, including: The Paralyzed Veterans of America’s Mission: ABLE campaign, Support Military Families, World T.E.A.M. Sports and Toys for Tots.
Our associates across America also regularly volunteer for organizations that support and honor our troops and veterans, such as the Paul R. Gordon Veteran Social Center of Berks County in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Penske offers discounts on truck rentals for active military members and veterans when reserving one-way truck rentals online.
Veteran Awards, Recognition and Support
Penske has been widely recognized for supporting veterans and veteran organizations. Read more about our involvement with veterans on our "Move Ahead" blog.
- Penske Recognized as a 2022 Military-Friendly Employer
- Proud Tradition of Military Service A Family Affair for Penske Veteran
- Penske Truck Rental’s Military Call Center Drives Specialized Family Moves
- Penske Recognized as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer
- Associates Help Active Heroes Battle Veteran Suicide
- Penske Recognized as a 2020 Military Friendly Employer
- Penske Honored with Pro Patria Award for Support of Guard and Reserves
- Penske Logistics Supervisor Presented with Patriot Award
- Penske Recognized as a Top Employer by US Navy Reserves
- Penske Helps Deliver a Christmas Miracle for Military Spouses
- Penske Receives the Eagle Head Plaque Award
- Penske Supports Families of America’s Fallen Military Heroes
- Penske Cited as 2019 Military-Friendly Employer
- Penske Logistics Manager Awarded Patriot Award for Military Support
- Penske is a Proud Supporter of the 38th Annual National Veterans Wheelchair Games
- Penske’s #OneWay4PVA Campaign Celebrates Fifth Anniversary
- Celebrating the Service and Sacrifice of Military Spouses
- Tips for Your Next Military Move
We spotlight veterans on our "Move Ahead" blog who have found a rewarding career at Penske.
- Penske Recognizes Veterans at Their Sixth Annual Veterans Day Event
- Associate Recalls Service in Navy Ceremonial Guard
- Associate’s Military Career Began with a Call to Serve
- Operations Supervisor’s Love of Trucks Fueled Military Service
- Military Service is a Family Affair for Penske Recruiter
- Penske Honors Veterans for Service and Sacrifice
- Military Experience Leads to Penske Logistics Role
- Penske Veteran Moved By Call to Service
- Supporting Our Deployed Associates