Penske Truck Driver - Class AZ-Home Daily - Penske Logistics in Woodstock, Ontario
What’s the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift and fuel your career as an AZ Local Home Daily Automotive Truck Driver for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time. We’re proud to move freight for some of the world’s biggest brands. (Yes, we’re more than just the yellow trucks.)
You’ll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Route/activity: Multiple routes and shifts available. Most route types are no touch, some routes may require a driver assisted unload process.
• Shift: Multiple shifts, 24 hours per day, Monday-Friday.
• Equipment: Tandem Axle Daycabs, Dry Van trailers, Shunt Trucks.
• Compensation: Pay varies based on work performed, and shift. Ranges from $21.75 to $24.02 per hour. Overtime available on routes. PLUS $2,000 sign-on bonus! Generous benefits package including 3 Paid sick days each year, perfect attendance bonus, and a safety rewards program.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly.
• Following all federal and/or provincial laws, MTO regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route.
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer.
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily
• RRSP: 5% Matching on 4% Contribution
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
-Class AZ license required
-1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 3 years, or 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
-3 years CVOR/Abstract record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
-Reliable and customer oriented
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment and criminal history) and drug screening required.
Walking, Standing, and Sitting. The ability to utilize stairs to climb into tractor cabs.
Lifting up to 3.0kg maximum
Bending and twisting of wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Use of hands to grip and pinch. Use of arms to push and push while walking.
This role has exposure to diesel and gasoline fuel, as well as exposure to vibration in the vehicle.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 715032 Oxford Rd 4 Woodstock, ON N4S 7V9
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Woodstock
Zip: N4S 7V9
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 2012675