Penske Customer Service Associate - Logistics in Valcourt, Quebec
A Penske Logistics Customer Service Associate monitors delivery schedules to assure timely delivery of materials and products to customer locations. Manage time sensitive information and transactions in order to ensure on-time delivery by tracking shipments for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary. Candidate must have proven communication with a strong focus on internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
This position is for the day shift
· Provide visibility to management and the customer by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting operational issues or functions.
· Complete daily logs and trackers
· Coordinates with carriers to ensure on-time delivery by tracking trucks for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary
· Assist team with data gathering and investigations
· Generate loads and tenders based on LTL load plan
· Manage communal inbox and provide timely updates to both internal and external customers.
· Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
· Fluency in French and English is a requirement.
· Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred / High school diploma or equivalent necessary
· One (1) plus years of experience in Transportation/Supply Chain preferred
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations in a fast paced environment
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
· Strong customer focus
· Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as Penske associates
· Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to learn and regularly operate various computer systems across different platforms
· Ability to work First, Second and Third Shift as needed. Flexibility with scheduling required.
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
· Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Key Words: Materials; Inventory levels; Customer Service
Work Locations: 565 Rue De La Montagne Valcourt, QC J0E 2L0
Primary Location: Canada-Quebec-Valcourt
Zip: J0E 2L0
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 2100267