Penske (PTL Canada) Inventory Clerk/Filter Technician in Toronto, Ontario
As a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Specialist, you’ll have an opportunity to participate in a unique operation at Penske. Here you will receive, inspect, recondition, and ship DPFs to our Service Locations. No day will be the same, as you will manage the daily operations and become a DPF technology expert through hands-on training and mentorship. DPFs are an essential part to our vehicles exhaust system and you will be an essential part to our operations. If you have inventory management experience or mechanically inclined or are willing to learn and interested in joining a new operation, join our team.
This position will be located at the Penske facility at 205 Belfield Rd. in Etobicoke, ON. The schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
· Receive and ship DPF’s using a computerized inventory software to record, track, and maintain all inventory related data.
· Inspect DPFs during receiving process and fail or pass DPFs based on visual quality standards. Process failed DPFs.
· Examine and test DPFs for restriction and cell integrity using FSX quality control equipment.
· Determine if DPF is able to be cleaned and reused or should be disposed, as measured against the appropriate baseline.
· Clean DPFs following the proper process, utilizing FSX cleaning equipment.
· Data entry for DPF condition, measurements and pass/fail.
· Oversee and evaluate inventory rotation and management. Conduct cycle counts to ensure accuracy and minimize inventory write-offs.
· Purchase new DPFs from OEMs as needed for seeding and ensure suppliers deliver purchases defect-free and on time.
· Manage phones and generic emails from PTL customers to take DPF shipment orders.
· Assist PTL customers to correctly identify DPF replacement part numbers for accurate repairs.
· Maintains cleanliness and organization of the facility. Ensures that parts are organized and properly stored.
· Make recommendations for improving cleaning process as well as throughput. Manage maintenance and cleaning of equipment as needed.
· 1 – 2 years of inventory management or related field is preferred
· 1 – 2 years of mechanical experience in the trucking industry is preferred
· Vocational or Technical certification preferred
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Intermediate MS office and computer skills preferred
· Excellence customer experience skills (phone call and email communications)
· Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
· Ability to operate machinery/equipment properly and efficiently
· A valid G Class driver’s license is required
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
· Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
· The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment - As part of this commitment, Penske endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Sarah Karan Recruiter – Eastern Canada at (905) 234-1157 or email@example.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com at http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations: 205 Belfield Rd Etobicoke, ON M9W 1H2
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Etobicoke
Zip: M9W 1H2
Job: Other Corporate
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Other Corporate
Req ID: 1908695