Penske Inventory Clerk in Shelbyville, Indiana
Penske Logistics is looking for an Inventory Clerk to become part of an excellent team servicing the nation’s largest grocery store chain at our Shelbyville, Indiana location. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Employees under the direction of the inventory control manager will assist in keeping an accurate inventory ensuring the system inventory in the WMS matches the physical inventory stored at the facility. This requires individuals to work in a refrigerated / frozen environment and to utilize various inventory control systems.
Our associates enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
1 st Shift and 2nd shift available.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Ensuring system count matches physical inventory
o Resolve discrepancies at location and pallet level
o Look for missing product in storage locations
o Update WMS to match physical through various methods
o Research and document root cause
· Ensuring proper rotation of product
o Analyze reports to identify rotation issues
o Ensure rotation physically moved as required
o Research and document root cause
· Accurately receive inventory
o Work with checkers to ensure accurate receipt of inventory
o Audit inbound receipts, both physically and through receipt documentations
o Accurately induct x-dock into inventory
· Data setup and validation
o Accurately input required data elements into WMS and various other applications
o Audit existing data for inaccurate data
· Manage unsalable inventory to resolution
o Accurately document information on product recalls, including physically segregating as required.
o Work with procurement on product expiration and product holds to final resolution
o Accurately record dump / donate and other product dispositions
· Manage inventory adjustments as required
o Ensure that appropriate adjustment methods are utilized in inventory manipulation
· Ensure appropriate signage accurately located in distribution center
· Organize warehouse to efficiently store and pick product
o Maintain accurate storage logic as developed with industrial engineer
o Slot new items daily maintaining optimal locations and pick patterns
o Assist with analyzing new DC layouts
· Process analysis and documentation
o Work with inventory management to document and train inventory procedures to warehouse operations
· Manage outside storage inventory
o Maintain appropriate inventory levels between offsite storage and DC to maintain service level.
o Analyze inbound purchase orders and determine best candidates for outside storage to minimize outside storage cost
o Maintain accurate reporting on outside storage process
· Assist with daily and weekly reports
· Other duties as assigned
o Perform other tasks as assigned.
o Assist in development and implementation of special projects and tasks
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
· Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
· Read, write, understand and speak English
· Demonstrated analytical, organizational and communication skills.
· Solid understanding of distribution environments.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks independently with precise detail and follow-up reporting.
· Must have knowledge of computers and ability to learn WMS and various internal applications
· 1 year minimum experience
· Must use handheld computers / scanners
· Operate various material handling equipment; occasionally moving product in warehouse
· Experience with a WMS or Inventory Control System highly preferred
· Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 4301 N 125 W Shelbyville, IN
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Shelbyville
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Warehouse
Req ID: 1806316