Penske Human Resources Generalist- Bilingual Spanish in Santa Ana, California
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for performing professional human resources work in a variety of concentrations, including: Compliance, Training and Development, Staffing and Recruiting, Associate and Labor Relations, as well as Administrative Duties and special projects for the area. This position will work closely with Area HR Leadership in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates are in the right jobs and are fully engaged and properly developed to provide sustained business success.
This position will be based in Santa Ana, and support operations for the Southwest Area. This area covers Southern California Locations.
• Assist with compliance and systems support in regard to all applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to: HIPAA, FMLA and USERRA), as well as Company-sponsored plans, programs and Collective Bargaining Agreements
• Conducts wage analysis and gathers wage information as directed by AHRM
• Updates exit interview, turnover and retention data
• Provide guidance to associates to ensure compliance with all FMLA requirements
• Advises Human Resources Manager on any employee concerns, issues or complaints. Is actively engaged in policy interpretation
• Responsible for compliance of HR related matters (e.g. I-9s, AAP good faith efforts)
Training and Development
• Assists/conducts “New Associate Orientation” for associates
• Assists in setting up other trainings as needed in support of the company’s organizational development strategy
• Assists and conducts new hire training
• Monitors training records, identifies training needs, communicates and coordinates training classes with participants, oversees enrollment
• Assists with the training of HR Systems and Process Training for Managers
• Conducts Ambassador training for newly appointed Ambassadors as well as provides “refresher” training for current Ambassadors
• Helps monitor PCM, goal plans, developmental plans, mid-year check ins completion and execution in partnership with AHRM
• Promotes a positive working environment and will assist in creating a culture of engagement.
• Fosters an inclusive work environment. Promotes diversity awareness
Staffing and Recruiting
• Attend recruiting events as needed and assigned by Area Recruiter and AHRM.
• Support Area Recruiter in its recruiting efforts by collaborating with managers
• Anticipate staffing needs and work proactively to develop staffing strategies
• Establish and maintain relationships with Universities, Colleges, Tech Schools, Community Based Organizations, etc.
• Assist in building candidate pipelines
• Utilizes and encourages the use of a diversity lens when sourcing and selecting candidates for open positions
• Provides insight to the background check process; for those under review, present details to Area HR Manager for approval
• Assist and/or manage on-boarding activities to include Area Ambassador Program
Associate and Labor Relations
• Assists with policy interpretation
• Partners with Corporate HR Departments as needed (i.e. payroll, shared services, workers; comp, etc)
• In partnership with AHRM, assists with bargaining prep (wage analysis and HR metrics needed for negotiations)
• Assists in conducting risk assessments and follow-up in partnership with AHRM
• Ensures Area consistency in performance management and corrective action process (i.e. attendance policy administration)
• Performs administrative duties for the AHRM and Area Recruiter
• Special Assignments and tasks as assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Supports the Associate onboarding process as needed
• Coordinates HR and Area departmental – sponsored events
• Updates reporting databases
• Bachelors Degree required; degree in Human Resources Management, -Business Administration or closely related field strongly preferred.
• PRH-CA certification highly preferred
•2-3 years of HR generalist experience, or equivalent business experience preferred.
-Bilingual Spanish Required
•Willingness to travel as needed to various locations as required or as directed by Area leadership.
•Experience in a unionized environment is a plus.
•Detail oriented with strong organization and documentation skills.
•Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
•Familiarity with HRIS systems (Oracle and Taleo preferred).
•Ability to interpret Employment Law (Federal and State) and general HR policies.
•Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
•Ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization both in person and through written correspondence and presentations.
•Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific locations required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.
Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations: 2000 E Wilshire Ave, 1st Floor Santa Ana, CA
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Ana
Job: Human Resources
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Human Resources
Req ID: 1814569