Penske Warehouse Receiver – PIT Operator - 16.25 - 17.25 per hour / 7,900 dollar annual bonus & incentives in Sacramento, California
· $16.25 - $17.25 an hour
· $7.9K Annual Bonus Potential
· Week End Incentive Pay
· Cash Balance Retirement
· Full-time positions
· Paid Vacation, Holiday, Personal Days, & Jury Duty.
· Boot Allowance
· Associate discounts
· Unlimited Warehouse and Driver Referral Bonuses
· Set Schedule with 2 or 3 Consecutive Days Off
Shift Start Times
· 9:00am – 5:00pm - 5 day work week
· Performs all tasks in compliance with Penske Safety policies and OSHA requirements
· Receive incoming shipments and compare items to BOL and receiving schedule
· Count items to ensure that the correct number has been received. Compare to BOL
· Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
· Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
· Operate forklifts and electric pallet jacks
· Perform daily PIT equipment inspections
· Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet
· Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner
· Inspect incoming loads for cold chain compliance
· Record damaged or defective items as appropriate
· Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
· Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders. Validates, lot code, expiration dates and quantity received
· Organize records of incoming products
· Reads customer order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
· Checks shipments for quality and accuracy
· Flexible to work overtime if requested
· Removes damaged products from shipping lines and replace as necessary
· Replenish order home locations as necessary during or after picking operations
· Maintains clean, neat and orderly workstation and work areas
· Performs other duties as required
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screening and Background Check)
· Flexible to work overtime
· Reliable and customer oriented
· Safety oriented
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
· The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 4040 Vista Park Court #30 Sacramento, CA
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Warehouse
Req ID: 1900058