Penske Senior Software Engineer, Robotics Process Automation in Reading, Pennsylvania
This position will be responsible for analyzing, maintaining, and supporting RPA applications for IT & end user groups. This role will also analyze performance of applications and troubleshoot problems, be involved in the coding, testing and documentation of the proposed solution, and support the RPA infrastructure and own the overall architecture.
• Responsible for the creation, modification, testing, and implementation of bots using Automation Anywhere toolset, in accordance with standard automation tool design principles and conventions.
• Involved in the review of bot scripts from offshore and onsite bot script developers.
• Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned automations.
• Involved in analyzing system/bot performance.
• Responsible for analyzing and identifying bot performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified.
• Analyze RPA solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution.
• Performing proof of concepts to help the business recognize the feasibility of an automated solution.
• Involved in capacity planning and DR strategy of the RPA infrastructure.
• Other projects as assigned by the Manager
• A minimum of 10 years of software development experience with 2 years of experience with Robotics Process Automation, including business process and system analysis, requirements gathering, and application implementation.
• 2 years of project management required.
• Hands-on experience with RPA, Automation Anywhere (preferred) or other automation technology like UiPath, BluePrism, or Kofax.
• Basic understanding of cybersecurity implications of automation.
• Strong experience in testing methodologies, test case development, and testing execution.
• Pluses: SQL, Java/web, Agile/Kanban, Responsive design and adaptive development, REST API development, JIRA, Confluence, BAMBOO, ANT, jQuery, iSeries DB2.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Operations, or a related field is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
• Working knowledge of systems development standards and procedures required.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint required.
• Ability to quickly understand and assess impact of existing and new technology on the business.
• Experience in working with various business and IT teams to deliver technology solutions that add significant value to business processes/functions.
• Experience in working with outside vendors and global development partners.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to interact with business stakeholders and IT Management.
• Ability to work at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability of adapting to change and viewing change as an opportunity to add value to the organization.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1904171