Penske Senior Programmer Analyst in Reading, Pennsylvania
The Sr. Programmer/Analyst is responsible for leading technical development efforts associated with one or more medium to large sized projects, which are based on requirements given directly by customers or client groups. Incumbent gathers business requirements from client groups and suggests enhancements to existing systems, or proposes solutions to current client group needs. Under limited supervision, modifies moderately complex applications programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Competent to work on all phases of applications programming activities and requires little instruction and guidance in phases. A Sr. Programmer/analyst may assign tasks to onshore, offshore and team members and must manage the time for the project. They are the primary contact and lead IT support resource for one or more applications, programs, and/or modules. They must be prepared to provide 24/7 support when called upon
during as well as after hours. They must provide updates in the PPM software regularly as tasks and projects move forward.
• Responsible for the creation, modification, and testing of code
• Involved in the review of code from junior level and offshore programmers
• Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
• Involved in analyzing system/software performance
• Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
• Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
• Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems)
• 5 plus years of programming experience required
Knowledge and Technical Skill Requirements:
• Knowledgeable of computer hardware and software technologies.
• Full understanding system development lifecycle, methodologies and standards
• Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
• Knowledge of appropriate programming language(s)
• Take primary ownership for one or more applications
• Demonstrate skills in debugging techniques
• Accurately estimate medium projects
• Begin leading teams
• Begin sharing knowledge with teams
• Begin recommending conceptual designs
• Windows OS and C and/or C##
• Windows Server and .Net
• Windows Visual Studio
• AS/400, RPG/400, CL, DBU, DB2SQL
• Microsoft office applications
• Oracle / SQL Server
• XML / XSL
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1906508