Penske Senior IT Project Manager in Reading, Pennsylvania
This position is responsible for the overall direction, project planning, coordination of project activities, monitoring tasks through completion, and budgeting for programs and projects. This individual is to ensure that the goals or objectives of a programs and projects are accomplished on schedule, on budget, and with quality results that meet or exceed the customer expectations. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to communication, resource alignment, requirements definition, solution design, testing, implementation, status reporting, issue and risk management, and managing effective relationships between the customer, IT, Sr. Leadership, and third party vendors through project closure. This position requires the leading multiple major and/or minor projects simultaneously while coordinating resources across the company to effectively deliver the solution. This position will be the liaison between the customer, the vendor, Sr. Leadership, and IT when delivering the solution.
This position will require the management of enterprise programs, which may include multiple major or minor projects and multiple cross functional teams in a single program, simultaneously while coordinating resources across the company and third-party vendors to effectively deliver the solution.
The position will require this individual to champion, support, mentor, and drive improvement within the Penske Project Management Methodology and supporting tools. This individual will demonstrate strong leadership skills and proven strengths in creating, implementing, and managing change, with a focus on satisfying customer needs.
• Manage multiple programs, projects, assignments and priorities simultaneously.
• Establish clear expectations with project leadership, project teams and project stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain an accurate strategic plan or program/project roadmap that aligns to the business strategy.
• Lead application road mapping exercises.
• Develop and maintain an accurate project plan that includes a work plan with all project activity, a resource plan and the project estimate (effort/duration/cost).
• Monitor all program activity, projects, resources and costs to ensure the program remains on scope, on schedule, on budget and that no or minimal rework will be required and that the program continues to align with the business strategy.
• Effectively communicate the program status, scope, scope changes, project plan, open items, issues and risks to the project team and project leadership.
• Maintain accurate information in the standard project tracking tools and accurate project documentation.
• Facilitate effective meetings by planning and being prepared.
• Hold vendor accountable for SOW deliverables and budget estimates.
• Manage the delivery of projects within the construct of waterfall and agile system development methodologies while adhering to the Penske Development Methodology.
• Demonstrate advanced experience using project management tools.
• Demonstrate advanced experience using the standard Microsoft Office tools.
• Communicate technical concepts in a clear, concise manner.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools, technology or best practices to improve project performance and the standard process.
• Perform complex problem and data analysis to determine the root cause and recommend alternative solutions.
• Develop standard reports to track, monitor, and measure overall program or project performance (scope, schedule, issues, cost, risks, and quality).
• Identify process improvement opportunities that will eliminate defective processes and introduce better controls inputs and changes.
• Use quality tools to measure improvement opportunities.
• Promote a high customer service approach and attitude.
• Manage projects and assignments effectively to ensure that the customer objectives are achieved with quality results.
• Improve internal customer relationships (with mid-level to executive manager).
People / Resource Management
• Improve relationships with project team, peers, external vendors and management.
• Cooperate with and encourage others to work as a team. Foster positive, open, honest and constructive communication.
• Set priorities for self and assigned resources.
• Delegate and assign tasks to the project team.
• Proactively recognize and reward the project team.
• Lead knowledge sharing sessions.
• Mentor, coach others and conduct training on the standard project management and development processes and the supporting tools.
• Provide constructive input to management regarding associates assigned to projects.
• Participate in new hire interviews.
• Understand, provide support, champion, and facilitate compliance to the standard project management and development processes.
• Structure, prepare and deliver effective presentations to peers and management.
• Recommend policies and procedures for the standard process and tools.
• Recommend process changes and controls based on analysis results to improve the standard process and tools.
• Assist with developing the IT PMO strategic direction and plan and the program/project standards.
• Assist with vendor negotiations. Thoroughly understand vendor commitments an assure delivery on time and on budget.
• Other projects as assigned by the Manager
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree-Business Administration or Computer Science
• 7 years of proven project management experience involving application development, infrastructure implementations and process improvement initiatives.
• 4 years of proven program management experience involving strategic roadmaps, application development, infrastructure implementations and process improvement initiatives.
• 10 years of company experience
• Completed project management training and certifications.
• Completed program management training and certifications (or sufficiently demonstrated expertize).
• GE Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
• Formal training or advanced knowledge on the Software Development Lifecycle or Application Development Lifecycle, methodologies and standards.
• Advanced understanding of technology (i.e. OS layer, database layer, application layer, network, etc.).
• Experience negotiating with vendors and completing legal agreements.
• Understanding of Penske functions and Penske-specific technology.
• Understanding of Penske’s accounting systems and practices.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple programs, projects, assignments and priorities simultaneously.
• Communication Skills: verbal and written - internally, externally, and at all levels
• Must be Customer Service focused
• Time Management / Organizational Skills
• Research and Analytical Skills
• Problem Analysis and Solving Skills
• Vendor Management Skills
• Detail-oriented with strong focus on documentation skills.
• Relationship Building / Interpersonal Skills
• Presentation & Facilitation Skills
• Change Management Skills
• Leadership Skills
• Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and Project.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1901687