Penske Customer Service Associate - Logistics in Kitchener, Ontario
Penske Logistics is passionate about people, and currently has an opening for a Customer Service Associate. Apply your solid communication and problem solving skills to respond to requests, problems, and special needs, which can extend to our global customer base. As a key player supporting our supply chain network, this position monitors part inventory levels and delivery schedules to assure timely delivery of materials and products to our customer locations, and manages time sensitive information to ensure data accuracy in the customer's and/or Penske's inventory systems.
Day Shift - 9am to 5:30pm
Provide visibility to management and the customer by tracking, process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting operational issues or functions.
Complete daily logs and trackers
Coordinates with carriers to ensure on-time delivery by tracking trucks for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary
Assist team with data gathering and investigations
Generate loads and tenders based on LTL load plan
Manage communal inbox and provide timely updates to both internal and external customers.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• At least 1 year of warehousing/material-handling experience required
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required
• Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, team player, flexibility required, verbal & written communication skills, excellent with numbers and time management, strong problem solving skills required
• Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
• Must also be able to learn and regularly operate multiple company and customer owned Transportation Management System (TMS)
• Ability to work in warehouse non-climate controlled conditions required
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location
• Shift may vary based on customer operations
• Complete Penske employment application and submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education)
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Key Words: Materials; Inventory levels; Customer Service
Work Locations: 2481 Kingsway Dr Ste 100 Kitchener, ON N2C 1A6
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Kitchener
Zip: N2C 1A6
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 2009587