Penske Regional LLP Manager in Dearborn, Michigan
The Region Manager will have overall responsibility for a single large strategic customer with multiple locations or several customers encompassing a broad geographic area. Primary objective is to ensure each location is operating efficiently based on Penske's contractual commitments while ensuring strong business relationships and confidence are established and maintained. Build account stability and customer satisfaction by focusing operations managers on continuous improvement opportunities. Pursue vertical growth opportunities through both local customer interaction and Customer Experience Team process.
- Provides opportunities for associates to work on meaningful projects to increase knowledge sharing and development, Interview and hire salaried associates up to Region Manager level, Develop, mentor and promote strong performers at all levels of operations, Exemplify the Penske culture and commitment to integrity and code of ethics.
- Develop tactical and strategic plans to build talent pipeline through associate development, meet profit and growth objectives, Drive consistent operational performance across all locations with a focus on safety, service and cost, Ensure all operations are optimally staffed and organized to maximize performance and service delivery.
- Manages P&L & revenue growth for multiple regions or territories, Identifies synergies among all of the locations to drive productivity and to implement best practice, Works with the Operations Managers to develop and implement business plans to improve financial performance year over year, Negotiates with customers for rate increases, scope changes, etc.
- Instill in the operations leadership team and associates that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is a recognized indicator of individual and team effectiveness, Actively participate in the development and effective execution of location strategies and performance goals, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Understand the competitive landscape of the customer's business across the globe and align resources to develop a solution, Work with Customer Experience Team to develop and maintain the strategic growth plan for the customer, Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels within the customer's organization.
- Develop a balanced fleet/asset approach that promotes utilization, safety, service and driver success, Maintain visibility to units on order and units terming to ensure equipment is properly situated in a timely manner.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
-8 - 10 years related logistics experience required
-5 - 8 years managerial experience, including multi-site P&L responsibility required
-Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain Management required
-Master's or advanced degree preferred.
-Customer Relationship management, including demonstrated sales success with existing business required
-Project Management, including operations start-up and/or closedown experience preferred
-Engineering and IT awareness, including supply chain modeling, use of routing, Transportation Management and Warehouse Management applications preferred
-Multiple Supply Chain Service Line experience (Transportation, Warehouse, Lead Logistics Provider, etc) preferred
-Multi-level presentation & communication skills (internally and externally) required
-Strong Financial Experience and Problem Solving / Process Improvement skills required
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 15301 Mercantile Drive Dearborn, MI
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Dearborn
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1803925