Penske Warehouse Worker in Taylor, Michigan
Penske Logistics is looking for Warehouse Associates to become part of an excellent team servicing the nation’s largest grocery store chain. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment. Our associates enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
The Warehouse Worker - Order Selector will assemble and select cases from pick slots for store orders in an accurate, efficient, productive manner and assemble orders onto pallets using pallet jacks.
Please be aware that this warehouse work is conducted in a cold storage facility, and requires leather shoes or boots to be worn.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system .
- Repetitively pick cardboard boxes and pallets.
- Repetitively pick perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
- Move materials within the warehouse.
- Accurately assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Accurately stage and sort products for loading.
- Forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment may be used to transport product within the warehouse.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Report and correct (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause employee and/or customer accidents.
- Comply with all OSHA standards and all company safety requirements.
- Demonstrate care and respect for all equipment used.
Maintain superior quality control by ensuring damaged products are identified, reported and removed promptly.
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling experience using hand/power tools and hand truck equipment preferred.
- Ability to work in a cold storage warehouse environment with for long periods of time is required.
- Must be able to work varied schedule including weekends.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to follow directions, and basic math skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and meet deadlines.
- Completion of Penske employment application, submission to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening is required.
Physical Requirements :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift up to and including 60 lbs frequently and 95 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
Work Locations: 7640 Holland Rd Taylor, MI
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Taylor
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Warehouse
Req ID: 1706727