Penske Warehouse Clerk - Inventory and Receiving in Taylor, Michigan
Penske Logistics is looking for an Inventory/Receiving Clerk to become part of an excellent team servicing the nation’s largest grocery store chain at our location in Taylor, Michigan. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Employees under the direction of the inventory control manager will assist in keeping an accurate inventory ensuring the system inventory in the WMS matches the physical inventory stored at the facility. The employee will utilize various inventory control systems. In addition, the employee will check in trailer loads of product received from vendors and/or backhauls. Receivers are required to direct trailers to receiving doors through security receiving clerks and oversee the unloading of vendor goods onto the dock. Once the goods are unloaded, the receiving clerk verifies case counts and notes deficiencies against receiving paperwork.
This is a first shift position beginning at 7:00 a.m.
Our associates enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
Duties and responsibilities:
· Ensuring system count matches physical inventory
· Resolve discrepancies at location and pallet level
· Look for missing product in storage locations
· Update WMS to match physical through various methods
· Research and document root cause
· Ensuring proper rotation of product
· Analyze reports to identify rotation issues
· Ensure rotation physically moved as required
· Research and document root cause
· Accurately receive inventory
· Work with checkers to ensure accurate receipt of inventory
· Audit inbound receipts, both physically and through receipt documentations
· Accurately induct x-dock into inventory
· Data setup and validation
· Accurately input required data elements into WMS and various other applications
· Audit existing data for inaccurate data
· Manage unsalable inventory to resolution
· Accurately document information on product recalls, including physically segregating as required.
· Work with procurement on product expiration and product holds to final resolution
· Accurately record dump / donate and other product dispositions
· Manage inventory adjustments as required
· Ensure that appropriate adjustment methods are utilized in inventory manipulation
· Ensure appropriate signage accurately located in distribution center
· Organize warehouse to efficiently store and pick product
· Maintain accurate storage logic as developed with industrial engineer
· Slot new items daily maintaining optimal locations and pick patterns
· Assist with analyzing new DC layouts
· Process analysis and documentation
· Work with inventory management to document and train inventory procedures to warehouse operations
· Manage outside storage inventory
· Maintain appropriate inventory levels between offsite storage and DC to maintain service level.
· Analyze inbound purchase orders and determine best candidates for outside storage to minimize outside storage cost
· Maintain accurate reporting on outside storage process
· Assist with daily and weekly reports
· Other duties as assigned
· Perform other task as assigned.
· Assist in development and implementation of special project and task
· Other assignments as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
· Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
· Read, write, understand and speak English
· Demonstrated analytical, organizational and communication skills.
· Solid understanding of distribution environments.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks independently with precise detail and follow-up reporting.
· Must have knowledge of computers and ability to learn WMS and various internal applications
· 1 year minimum experience
· Must use handheld computers / scanners
· Operate various material handling equipment; occasionally moving product in warehouse
· Experience with a WMS or Inventory Control System highly preferred
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
· Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
· Standing, scanning frequently and for prolonged periods (anywhere from 8-12 hours).
· Manual dexterity to use required tools of job.
· Good vision and hearing required to operate safely.
· Ability to work at heights of 40’ with appropriate safety equipment
· Must be able to lift, stack, push and pull boxes weighing from a few ounces to near 100 lbs occasionally
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com at http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations: 7640 Holland Rd Taylor, MI
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Taylor
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Administrative
Req ID: 1705304