Penske Receiver Warehouse Worker in Sacramento, California
Job Title: Receiver Warehouse Worker
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
FLSA: Non Exempt
Shift: We're looking to fill 2 positions;
Position 1: Mon - Fri 12:00pm - 8:30pm
Position 2: Wed - Sun 10:00am - 6:30pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, but are not limited to the following:
· Receive incoming shipments and compare items to BOL (Bill of Landing) and receiving schedule
· Count items to ensure that the correct number has been received. Compare to BOL (Bill of Landing)
· Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
· Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
· Operate forklifts and electric pallet jacks
· Perform daily PIT (Power Industrial Truck) equipment inspections
· Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet
· Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner
· Inspect incoming loads for cold chain compliance
· Record damaged or defective items as appropriate
· Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
· Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders. Validates, lot code, expiration dates and quantity received
· Organize records of incoming products
· Reads customer order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
· Sorts and places materials or items on trays, racks or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
· Picks and sorts perishable goods in ambient refrigerated frozen environments.
· Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders in trays, in crates, or on pallets.
· Marks materials with identifying information.
· Weighs or counts items for distribution.
· Checks shipments for quality and accuracy.
· Under guidance of Warehouse Supervisor trains new employees.
· Guides warehouse employees in operational tasks.
· Must be flexible to work overtime if requested
· The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
· Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
All new associates will be trained on the following food safety elements:
Good Manufacturing Practices
Product Receiving & Quality Assurance
Personal Hygiene and Sanitation
Thawing Procedures – Frozen / Warming
All new associates will be trained on the following food defense elements:
Facility Access & Identification
Receiving & Shipping
· Security of water & utilities
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED; or one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Penske Logistics Forklift Certification
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Prioritizes and plans work activates; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objective; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Addresses potentially unsafe conditions.
Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Listens to others, remains open to other ideas and tries new things.
Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organization values.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural Differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment- free environment Builds a diverse workface.
Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in dictions making process.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routing reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described there are representative of these an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Management reserves the right to alter, change, remove or add additional areas of responsibility as business needs change.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience required
-High school diploma or equivalent preferred
-Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
-Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexibile, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
-Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
-Flexible to work overtime preferred
-Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 4040 Vista Park Court #30 Sacramento, CA
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Warehouse
Req ID: 1705910