Penske Associate Programmer in Reading, Pennsylvania
Penske's MIS organization is seeking entry-level Information Technology professionals for application development opportunities. This professional will develop for Qlik based BI applications, part of an in-house and contract developers. Is accountable for delivery estimates. Helps the team in making commitments supporting project goals and deadlines.
Describes the technical requirements to internal and third party providers of IT products and services to assure that they meet business and technical objectives.
Collaborates with peers in other technology development teams to continuously improve agile development model
This exciting position is located at our Corporate offices in a country and suburban setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA. Our location is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
• Work on projects to design, develop, and deploy Qlik (QlikView and QlikSense) applications.
• Utilize best practices in data integration, associative modeling and visualization.
• Owns commitments made for BI project deliverables
Bachelor's Degree-Computer Science/emphasis on Software Engineering (minor in Business preferred), Minimum GPA: 3.0 on a 4 point scale
• Bachelor's Degree
• 0-3 year experience with BI application development
• Qlik Server Administrator Experience, certification a plus
• Qlik Data (script) Developer Experience, certification a plus
• Qlik Application Developer Experience, certification a plus
• Qlik Experience with View 11 and / or 12, Sense 2.0 and up
• Experience in upgrading Qlik environments (major and minor releases)
• Demonstrable Qlik Best Practices
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com at http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
People living in or near these PA locations in the Reading area have found our opportunities of interest. Wyomissing, Kutztown, Hamburg, Pottstown, Lebanon, Quakertown, Exton, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Breinigsville, Fogelsville, Manheim, Lancaster, King of Prussia, Millersville, Palmyra, Mt Joy, East Norriton, Bethlehem, Montgomeryville, North Wales, Wilmington, Media, Ft Washington, Horsham, Phillipsburg NJ, Harrisburg, York, Mendenhall, Philadelphia.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1701800