Penske Senior Operations Supervisor (Supply Chain/Logistics) in Durham, North Carolina
Provide operational leadership to individual contributors and hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including driver deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, cross docking and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. Supervises most processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling. Responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions up to written warning level. Involved in the hiring process and customer meetings as necessary. Reviews truck runs based on location of accounts, volume, costs, customer requirements and private fleet utilization. Review daily orders for additional private fleet opportunities based on above requirements.
-Communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable, Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire, Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance markers and provide counseling and/or recognition to associates as needed.
-Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation and procedure control, Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch/warehouse operations. Assist in new associate training, Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift, Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution, Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
-Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc, Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability, Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets.
-Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in alignment with the location safety strategy, Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Growth / Customer Experience:
-Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives, Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts.
-Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of fleet/warehouse equipment, Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
-2 - 4 years related functional experience
-High School Diploma or equivalent required
-Bachelors Degree preferred
-Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
-Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
· Influencer . Clearly demonstrates people centric leadership attitude and behaviors. Influences as a motivator, trainer, coach, communicator and through personal example vice a focus on controlling performance via management. Able to lead change.
· Achiever . A respected professional. Demonstrated technical and operational excellence, superior results and continuous improvement in every endeavor as well as clear progression of positions of responsibility. Has strong drive to succeed.
· Communicator. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
§ Communicates with energy and passion.
§ Articulate, concise and factual vice emotional.
§ Good listener.
§ Communicates appropriately and effectively with target audience (customer, senior, peer, subordinate).
· Learner. Demonstrated ability and desire to grow, learn and apply.
· Versatile. Has both breadth and depth: multiple professional experiences in different domains or specialties.
· Team and relationship builder . Strong record of building trusted relationships and synergistic teams.
· Trainer, coach and mentor. Proven record of developing people who succeed.
· Thinker and solution generator. Can operate successfully amidst complexity and make sense of conflicting priorities or ambiguous tasks. Can think in time Has ability to understand the operational environment, visualize potential outcomes, develop multiple options, decide, allocate resources, execute and assess as a continuous process.
· Opportunity seeker. Has a positive view that sees an opportunity rather than a challenge.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 5104 Chin Page Rd. Durham, NC
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Durham
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1610250