Penske Warehouse Supervisor - Inventory (Supply Chain/Logistics) in Dallas, Texas
Supervises a small group (12-15) of hourly associates in a cross dock or warehouse operation. Actively involved in the operations to establish compliance, safety performance, inventory accuracy and operational excellence. Provide leadership to the hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including loading/unloading of trailers, cross docking and customer service in a manner consistent with company standards and cost objectives. Responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions up to written warning level. Involved in the hiring process and customer meetings as necessary
- Communicate daily work assignments to all shift associates. Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire. Ensure inclusion and fairness.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work processes to improve customer satisfaction, Effectively manage and measure associate productivity, Ensure inventory accuracy, and focus on damage reduction.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures, Learnthe relationship between decision-making and profitability, Closely manage associates’ working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets.
- Understand the location safety strategy and how to apply it in the work place, Continuously monitor and reinforce safety awareness among all shift associates, Lead shift and safety meetings.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Present a positive, can do attitude to the customer, Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure all equipment is in proper working order, Ensure all maintenance documentation is completed and send to appropriate vendor (PTL, etc.), Ensure material handling equipment is properly secured when not in service.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
1-3 years related functional experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Inventory experience is preferred
Experience with a tier 1 or 2 Warehouse Management System
Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 8310 Eastpoint Dr. Dallas, TX
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1610698