Penske Area Freight Manager (Brokerage) in Corona, California
The Area Freight Manager is responsible for building a portfolio of clients, shippers and carriers, and acting as the liaison between the customer, carrier, shipper, and receiver. The position will obtain and negotiate rates with clients, manage the movements of goods and resolve any issues that may occur. Pursue vertical growth opportunities through local customer interaction and be aware of opportunities within given geographic area.
· Provides opportunities for associates to work on meaningful projects to increase knowledge sharing and development. Interview and hire salaried and hourly team members. Develop, mentor and promote strong performers at all levels within Brokerage. Exemplify the Penske culture and commitment to integrity and code of ethics. Develop tactical and strategic plans to build talent pipeline through associate development, meet quota and growth objectives.
· Drive consistent sales performance across all brokers with a focus on adding and retaining new customers. Ensure your team is optimally staffed and organized to maximize performance and achieve results. Manage account relationships as the primary point-of-contact for day-to-day needs, including ongoing communications, coordination of customers’ needs, billing, collections and other activities.
· Manage P&L & revenue growth for your brokerage region or territories. Identifies synergies among all of the operations to drive productivity and to implement best practices. Works with Operations and Sales to improve financial performance year over year.
Growth / Customer Experience:
· Understand the competitive landscape of the brokerage business and align resources to develop a solution. Maintain solid understanding of current market conditions and trends to create offers that will increase company margins. Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels within the customer's organization. Identify, qualify, obtain and develop relationships with prospective customers.
· Track and Maintain sales activity metrics and ensure that weekly/monthly sales quotas are met.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
Five (5) plus years of freight operations or brokerage experience required.
Proven track record in cold calling and sales prospecting.
Inside sales or customer service experience in a business-to-business environment.
Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
Ability to meet & exceed weekly and monthly sales goals.
Knowledge of US traffic lanes.
Knowledge of equipment (trucks, trailers, etc).
Must be able to work with other departments to increase overall productivity for the company.
Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high degree of enthusiasm, professionalism and motivation.
Skill in the operation of MS Office software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Key Words: Freight Management; 3PL; Logistics
Work Locations: 2280 Wardlow Circle Corona, CA
Primary Location: United States-California-Corona
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1705414