Penske Forklift Service Technician in Chesterfield, Michigan
Penske Logistics is looking for a Forklift Service Technician who will maintain our fleet of electrical forklifts and pallet riders to include performing and logging preventive maintenance inspections of all equipment.
Days: Four 10 hour shifts
Nights: M - F 4pm - 12:30 a.m.
· Maintain fleet of electrical forklifts and pallet riders
· Perform preventative maintenance inspections of all equipment
· Keep up Preventative Maintenance programs for the fleet
· Perform repairs as needed
· Maintain batteries for fleet
· Fill out accurate work orders daily
· Run computer-based diagnostics on forklifts
· Perform data entry for completed repairs
· Perform basic facility repairs including but not limited to dock plates, doors and racking
· Assist other technicians in equipment/facility repairs
· Comply with all safety standards and OSHA procedures
· Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or as the situation dictates within the scope of the position
· High School diploma or GED/HSE equivalent required
· 3 years of proven forklift equipment repair highly preferred
· Proficient in electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repair
· Familiarity with Crown equipment preferred
· Ability to lift 50 pounds or more and to crouch or crawl in confined spaces
· Must be able to read codes, instructions and electrical and hydraulic schematics
· Must possess own hand tools, some specialized tools will be provided
· Must possess a positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills
· A strong work ethic and sense of integrity is required.
· Must be flexible in shift assignments
· Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
· Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch,
handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com at http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations: 26090 23 Mile Rd Chesterfield, MI
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Chesterfield
Job: General Labor
Req ID: 1706743